Litha, meaning gentle (as in gentle breezes), marks the longest day of the year, the Summer Solstice. The sun is at its peak of strength and the power of the Sun God is greatest. This day celebrates the Sun King in all his glory, a time of manifestation, of passion and success.
The Sun King, (God of Light, Oak King) faces the God of Shadow (Holly King) at the Summer Solstice and is defeated. The Sun King has reached his peak and now relinquishes control of the year to the Dark God. This serves as a reminder to us all that life is cyclical, and that death makes life taste that much sweeter.
This is the season of action, a time to manifest into reality the ideas you have dreamed about. Hang a golden or yellow disc, representing the sun, to catch solar rays. You can harness these powerful solar energies and use them in magickal workings that fire your passion and enhance creativity.
Litha Tarot Spread
- What energy am I currently radiating out into the Universe?
- Where do I shine the brightest?
- What is the sun illuminating for me?
- What lies hidden in the shadows?
- How can I work with the energy of the sun for my spiritual growth?
- What will manifest from my Summer Solstice intentions?
- How can I nurture my intentions so that they may shine their brightest?
Image courtesy of: https://foxxbrush.deviantart.com/art/Vector-Tangled-Sun-Symbol-192124278